Storytelling activities is a form of read very special. It requires children to be active readers in receiving texts through the testimonies of teachers. Besides, when teachers tell a story the children were happy and excited. So storytelling method brings benefits for children. There are some benefits:
– Children can be transformed into the characters, the story and plot.
– Enhance listening skills
– Increase children’s willingness to communicate thoughts and feelings
– Encourage active participation
– Increase verbal proficiency
– Encourage use of imagination and creativity
– Encourage cooperation between children
– help children develop cognitive ability in a creative way and systems
-Should be used colorful pictures to illustrate the story more vivid
-When you have finished story, teacher gives some open questions to encourage children to give their own answers:
+ Could you describe the characters?
+ What happened when …?
+ What do you think it happened…?
+ Why do you think …..?
+ What would you do if …?