+ Before reading
– Ask students what have they helped another? How did they feel after that?
– Explain that they are going to listen to a story about a little animal which is very kind, very lovely.
– Show students the book cover and ask what they can see. Elicit the name of animal in story.
– Reinforce key vocabulary by giving students pictures to guess and writing them on the board.
– Ask student to mime animals in the story (mouse, lion).
+ While reading
– Refer to pictures in book.
– Ask students to predict next plot.
– Use verbal language and non-verbal language ( gestures, facial expression, body postures,…) to make story more interesting.
– Explain new words.
– Instruct student how to read hard words.
+ After reading
– Ask students to describe animals and plot in the story.
– Ask students to play roles story characters.
– Ask students what is significance of the story.