As a teacher, you of course need to establish general rules of conduct for your classroom such as raising hands, keeping thing tidy, sharing thing, being on time…. But how do you make your students want to follow the rules? Today, I give some advice for you about it:
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Respect other people and their property.
- Laugh with anyone, but laugh at no one
- Be responsible for your own learning.
- Come to class and hand in assignments on time.
- Do not disturb people who are working.
Good classroom management creates the right condition for learning, leading to a positive learning environment and experience. What factors create a positive learning environment? Here are some factors:
- Students pay attention.
- Listen to teacher and each other.
- Understand what they have to do.
- Positive teacher / student relationship.
- Teacher should be friendly.