Stirring and Settling Activities
Stirring activities energize students at the beginning of the class and during the lesson when energy levels can drop and children might lose their focus.
Some teachers worry about the excitement levels and noise generated by activities such as games and group speaking tasks.
So use settling activities to calm them down again.
Examples of stirring and settling activities:
1. cutting, colouring and sticking, drawing
2. individual writing
3. role play
4. listening and responding
5. word searches / crosswords
8. listening to a story
9. sequencing sentences or pictures
10. listening to instructions
11. group work
12. silent reading
13. doing a test
14. team games
15. filling in blanks
16. listening and repeating
17. chanting or singing
19. puzzles and board games
20. T describes a picture for students to draw