Story : The Rabbit and The Tortoise
I. Class description: 20 students (Ss), 10 boys and 10 girls, Class 4A1, Son Cam primary school, Thai Nguyen city.
II. Time: 15 minutes.
By the end of the lesson Ss will be able to know the content as well as the meaning of the story “ The Rabbit and The Tortoise”
– Skill: After the lesson, Ss will be able to
+ practice speaking skill through asking and answering the teacher’s questions relating to the story.
+ practice listening skill by listening to the teacher telling the story in detail.
+ working together.
+ Vocabulary: Identify some animals: rabbit, turtoise, pig, cow, goat, hop, race, draw a line, take a nap and some sounds of animals.
Give the meaning of the story to children “Patience makes perfect!”
IV. Teaching aids:
+ Pictures, black board, chalk.
- I. Content:
Saying Hello to the class and have them reply.
2. Prepare students to listen to the story.
– Ask Ss “ Do you like story?”
– Introduce the title of the story “ The Rabbit and The Tortoise” by using the picture with the title.
– Ask Ss some questions to analyze the picture.
+ Where is the Rabbit?
+ Where is the Tortoise?
+ What are the names of other animals?
– Have Ss repeat some key words of the story “ Rabbit, Tortoise”.
3. While- telling story
*Example of two first picture:
– First picture:
-What is he doing?
T explains he just awakes so he feels very sleepy.
– Second Picture:
-Explain the new word “ hop”. Teacher describes the action of hopping and then ask Ss to guess. ( Ss can answer in first language, Teacher should reformulate it into English. )
+ Hop (v): nhảy lò cò
-Ask Ss the names of the rest animals and have Ss describe the sounds of these animals.
The goat; “Hi! Oink,oink”
The pig: “Hi! Bleat,bleat”
The cow: “Hi!Moo,Moo”.
4. After telling story
– Summarize the story by having Ss answer some questions about the content of the story.
+ Do you like story?
+ How many characters in the story? Who are they? Show the characters in the pictures again.
+ Who is the winner? The loser? Why?
– Give the meaning of the story to the Ss.
* Meaning of the story: Patience makes perfect; So, always try to study well!
Have Ss play a role.
– T prepares some hats with the images of the animals in the story.
– Distribute these hats to Ss.
– Have Ss play a role and ask them to try to imitate the voice of the animals.
|-To motivate Ss, draw Ss’attention to the story and lead in the lesson naturally.
-Recall some existing vocabulary
– Make Ss have fun with the pictures, the story.
-Ensure all Ss are actively involved.
– Help Ss understand the story deeply.
-Help Ss brainstorm, think about the animals in their real life.
-Help Ss see the difference of the sounds of animals between their mother tongue and the foreign language.
-Help Ss follow the story easily.
-Make sure that Ss understand and remember the main content of the story.
-Help Ss understand and apply the meaning of the story to their life.
-Help Ss practice speaking, be motivated and remember the story longer.