HA THI THANH HUONG
Hello everyone! As you know, teaching activities in classroom have got effects or not depending on many internal and external factors in which there are two major elements that play an important role in classroom are teacher and chalkboard. Therefore, what are the roles of chalkboard and teacher’s roles in classroom?
According to some researchers, they said that teacher and chalkboard role as a teaching aid? oh , is this correct or not ? I think it is acceptable because teaching aids are tools that teachers /lecturers using in teaching activities such as: project, video, recorder, tapes, pictures, chalkboard…and teachers also considered as a teaching aids. There are some reasons to explain for this idea.
+ Teacher as teaching aid: in classroom, teachers can be considered as:
1. a manager: teacher takes part in classroom managements that maintain the stability and silence without making noise. Besides, teachers also organize some activities to attract Students in classroom.
2. a instruction /counselor: teacher gives guides or advices when students need their helps.
3. a role –player: teacher can join together in some activities by acting as a actor/ actress.
4. a composer/ a singer: in classroom, there are many tasks/ activities which requiring teacher must sing a song, chant a lyric, compose a poem …so on …and the final purpose is that helping to student can learn more effective and more comfortable.
5. a story-teller / an artist: in some lesson, teacher can tell about a story or sometimes teacher must draw some pictures without printing to describe what does he/ she want to say ?and helping the students can remember quickly and deeply.
Chalkboard as a teaching aid :
Absolutely, chalkboard is the power tool in teaching activities. Because some features:
1. Chalkboard is an ideal place to teacher can present the overall content of lesson for students.
2. Chalkboard is tool which presents flexibility, be easy to change and representatives for visual images. It is symbol of brainstorm and analysis.
3. it is a good place to teacher/ students can draw, write or hang pictures on or sometimes , teacher can stick flashcard/ objects or anything..on the chalkboard. It is a great place for both student and teacher in learning and teaching.