As you know, using teaching aids has an important role in teaching English for students. It not only brings funny atmosphere but also makes the result of lesson more effectively. In this writing, I will share you two useful teaching aids such as chalkboard and teacher.
Firstly, do you know why chalkboard is considered a useful teaching aid? Because it has many advantages in teaching:
– Teacher writes the main points of lesson on the chalkboard.
– The chalkboard is inexpensive, especially when the usable life of the board is considered.
– Using chalkboard to make a drama, play games such as slap the board or show students works.
– The visual communication of the chalkboard directs attention of the class to the purposes of the lecture or discussion. Through chalkboard, the students can improve or develop their thinking ability and visualize their own ideas.
Secondly, another teaching aid I want to mention is teacher. When teaching English, you can use yourself as a teaching aid through gestures, body language, movement, and eye contact. In the class, teacher has many roles such as:
– A model: teacher does the first time as a sample and then students do again.
– A real- object: teacher uses body language, gesture or a part of body to perform in front of the class.
– A role- player: teacher becomes a singer, a composer, a friend, a storyteller, or an actor. Teacher is a guide help students do exercises or play games in the class.
In conclusion, when teaching English in the school, especially for children, you should apply sample example, or something involved to students that make them feel excited and the lesson has an effective result. Thus, chalkboard and teacher are convenient and useful teaching aids in the class.
This is my experience I want to share you.
Thank you for your reading!!!