UNIT 19: OUR PETS
The fourth period: GAME
- 1. Class description:
30 rade 3 students, 18 boys and 12 girls of Trai Cau primary school, Dong Hy District.
- 2. Objective:
ü Language: After the lesson ,students will be able to
– Revise vocabulary about pets: cat, dog, bird, rabbit, …
– Use structure “ How many ….have you got?” to ask others about the pets and use the number and name of pets to answer.
ü Skills: Students will be able to:
– Improve speaking skill.
– Ask and answer questions frequently about pets.
3. Teaching aids:
Text book, board, chalk, picture, tape scrip
– Ask Ss give the name of animals they have known or meet.
For example: Elephant, tiger, cat, dog,…
– Write down the names of animals on the board.
– Round names of some pets.
ð Let’s play a game about pets.
– Divides the class into 2 teams.
– Lets Ss choose their team’s name.
– Instructs the rule of the game:
– The members of each team play in turn to look picture of a pet.
– Asks them to use action and sound to imitate that pet in 30 seconds (Do not use words).
– Asks other members observe and guess the name of pets.
– Which team gives the correct answer will receipt one flag.
– When the game finish, which team has more flags will be the winner.
Elicits the structure:
Writes on the board the structure:
How many dogs have you got? -I have got one dog.
Underlines the words and phrases
Hopw many: to ask about the quantity.
To answer, we use the number.
Sticks pictures on board:
– Asks Ss look at the pictures.
– Reads and then asks Ss to repeat.
– Ask Ss to work in pairs to ask and answer about quantities of pets in these pictures.
– Calls on some pairs practice in front of the class.
*Teacher comment and review the lesson:
ü Name of some pets.
ü Structure: “ How many ….have you got?”
Ask Ss to write 3 questions with structure: “ How many ….have you got?”, and then answer them.
– Identify the animals.
– Distinguish pets with other animals.
-Recognize the pets in the pictures.
-Encourage Ss more creative.
– Motivate and encourage Ss.
-Introduce the structure.
-Help Ss understand cleartly.
-Ask and answer with the structure “How many ….have you got?”following the model sentence
-Review the lesson.
Practice the structure at home.