Games are not only used for entertainment but also for educational purposes as well. In fact, using games is an essential part of Teaching Language and also the best technique in teaching the English language because it makes learning fun and it also addresses several problems.
Using Games, especially during teaching English as a second language, offer a lot of benefits such as:
– The students have more fun learning and participating in class. Games create an excited atmosphere to young learners continue learning when they are feeling bored.
– Through games, young learners will have a lot of chance to communicate more. They would be encouraged to know more, think more and also learn more.
– Young learners get to practice more their English while playing.
– Games support more motivation and stimulation for students. It makes them pay more attention to the lessons and exert mental effort in memorizing the rules so they would be able to play well and not let themselves or their teammates down.
– Some games involve physical movement and this keeps everyone focused and stimulated. They make young learners feel enjoyable and interested and forget their tireless.
– Using games is also a venue to help all the students gain more confidence.
– A lot of the games do not require much material and time preparation. The visual aids needed are classroom props and black board. This would effectively give more stimulating and fun classes in so little effort too.
– Games can be used to control the atmosphere in the class.
Therefore, Games are a great component to include in your classroom repertoire of activities because they allow pupils to explore different learning styles and learn the proposed topics at the same time. Teachers should be positive in using game in Teaching English language.